We are passionate and committed to fostering and expanding the knowledge of Osteopathic Principles and Practices (OPP) of our students and residents. Our entire program believes that incorporating OPP to all patient care venues allows us to better care for the whole person, which improves the quality of care to our community.
Our curriculum incorporates OPP in a variety of settings:
- Inpatient OMT rounds
- Outpatient OMT clinic and ability to perform OMT in Family Medicine clinic
- OPP didactics
- Quarterly OPP workshop that involves an osteopathic journal club, focused supplemental topic lectures, and ‘find it, fix it’ lab
- Quarterly AT Still webinars and AT Still OPTI online resources
- Didactics with inpatient rounds and OMT clinics
- “MDO” Interest Group — open to Allopathic residents, students, and faculty who want to learn more about osteopathic principles, palpation skills, and begin performing OMT
- Ability to perform osteopathic research
By the Numbers
|13||MD residents in MDO sessions|
|3||MD osteopathic faculty|
Read more about how and why we’re expanding our osteopathic focus.