Family Medicine Residency
The Family Medicine Residency Program at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria is dually accredited by ACGME and AOA and affiliated with UnityPoint Health – Peoria. The Family Medicine Residency has a long history of preparing primary care physicians to go directly into practice or to continue their education.
From the Program Director …
“Our goal is to help you possess the distinct attitude, skills, and knowledge unique to family physicians, and to develop you into being the most qualified advocate for your patients in all health-related matters. The results of you achieving this goal is that you will be able to provide continuing and comprehensive medical care, health maintenance, and preventive services to every patient you encounter regardless of gender, age, or type of problem.”
– Kelvin Wynn, M.D.
- Strong university-affiliated, community-based program
- Pass rate of certification exam: 96% 1st attempt
- Easy access to patients with a program unopposed in primary care
- Emphasis on procedural skills and OB-GYN while supporting flexibility to tailor learning experiences and goals
- Faculty who are accessible and committed to your personal well-being and education
- Family-oriented environment
- Generous salary and benefits