The UICOMP Transitional Year Residency Program will only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications will not be accepted through the mail, by e-mail, or by FAX. Please follow the directions provided on the ERAS web site in order to apply.
Applications must include:
- A dean’s letter
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE transcripts
- Letters of reference (LOR) from 3 faculty members
- The application in its entirety must be received by Nov. 1
- Take place between Nov 1st-Jan 15th.
- Due to COVID-19 and in accordance with AAMC guidelines, we will conduct all interviews and virtual visits online.
- We accept applications from well-qualified international medical graduates.
- Clinical experience in the U.S. is not required, however applicants should have recent clinical experience with primary patient responsibility. U.S. clinical experience does, however, strengthen an application. Observerships alone do not suffice
- Require applicants to have graduated medical school WITHIN previous 5 years OR finished residency training within the last 2 years
- Letters of reference (LOR) are NOT required to be from a U.S. source
- Applicants must be ECFMG certified by June 1