The College of Medicine policies state each medical student must be protected against the preventable diseases. All students should demonstrate proof of immunity according to the requirements presented at time of matriculation.
- Students should upload their information to Castlebranch.
- Compliance is managed through the Department of Family and Community Medicine using the CastleBranch system
- Immunization questions should be addressed to Ms. Chris Menke, [email protected] or 309-672-4599.
- Student Health does not cover most immunizations and titers.
- Campus Care does not cover immunizations for matriculation
- Student Health does cover annual TB testing, flu shots, and required tetanus booster for continuing students on a scheduled basis.
All students who will be on campus in the fall semester 2021 are required to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. This requirement applies to College of Medicine incoming and current students.
Students should have received their final vaccine dose by July 26. All students will be required to upload their vaccination record to the Castlebranch system by August 1.
We recognize that some individuals have health conditions or other reasons why they cannot be vaccinated. Those who are not vaccinated will need to follow campus-specific guidelines and any exemption protocols issued by UIC.
Peoria information on vaccine eligibility, locations, and how to sign up for appointments may be found at https://www.pcchd.org/306/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information. If you are a student having difficulty with getting access you can contact Dr. Doherty ([email protected]) to help get access to vaccination through OSF Occupational Health.