Student Health and Campus Care
Covered Medical Services
The following services are customarily covered by the Student Health fee when rendered at one of the approved UnityPoint Health Clinics or, for TB testing and flu shots, when scheduled at the College of Medicine:
- Examination and routine outpatient care and preventative health care services which can be provided at the clinic
- Basic gynecologic preventive care at approved intervals
- Common STD Care
- TB testing for continuing students as required by the College
- Contraception and pregnancy testing
- Tetanus booster if indicated
- Administration of student provided desensitization injectables
- Administration of annual flu shots for all students
Student Counseling Services
Student Counseling Services are funded through the Student Health Fee and available to all students at no additional cost. No referral is needed.
Other mental health and counseling resources for students in Peoria include:
Associates in Mental Health
Dr. Venus Evans-Winters
For Campus Care-enrolled students, a referral from a Primary Care Provider at one the Unity Point Health approved clinics is required to see a provider from Associates in Mental Health or Dr. Evans-Winters. A co-payment may be required. See Campus Care benefit page for more information.
Immunizations and COVID-19 Vaccination
The College of Medicine requires vaccination against COVID-19 and other preventable diseases.
311 N. Western Ave