Published Articles, Letters and Editorials in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Kirkness CS, Asche CV, Ren J, Gordon K, Maurer P, Maurer B, Maurer B. Assessment of Liposome Bupivacaine Infiltration versus Continuous Femoral Nerve Block for Postsurgical Analgesia Following Total Knee Arthroplasty. Current Medical Research & Opinion (CMRO) 2016;32(10):1727-1733. PMID: 27326760
- Ren J, Asche CV, Kirkness CS, Puli S. Long-term Risk of Colorectal Cancer by Gender after Positive Colonoscopy: Population-Based Cohort Study. Current Medical Research & Opinion (CMRO) 2016 April 15:1-8. PMID: 27050237
- Kirkness CS, Ren J, Asche CV. Significant improvement of mobility recovery in acute care patients after total knee arthroplasty with liposomal bupivacaine injectable suspension. Acute Care Physical Therapy Journal (Accepted, Awaiting Publication).
- Kim M, Ren J, Tillis W, Asche CV, Kim IK, Kirkness CS. Explaining the link between access-to-care factors and healthcare resource utilization among individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 22 February 2016 Volume 2016:11(1) Pages 357—367.
- Kirkness CS, Asche CV, Ren J, Kim M, Rainville EC. Cost-benefit evaluation of bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension in the management of patients undergoing total knee arthroplasty. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2016; 73:e247-54. DOI 10.2146/ajhp150332. PMID: 27099332
- Fritz JM, Magel JS, McFadden M, Asche CV, Thackeray A, Brennan G. Early Physical Therapy vs Usual Care in Patients With Recent-Onset Low Back Pain: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). 2015 Oct 13; 314(14): 1459-1467, doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.11648. PMID: 26461996
Note: article was selected for the Rose Excellence in Research Award.
- Asche CV, Zografos P, Norlin J, Urbanek B, Mamay C, Makin C, Erntoft S, Chen CC, Hines DM, Siegel D. Evaluation of Resource Utilization and Treatment Patterns with Actinic Keratosis in the US. Value in Health. March 2016, Vol.19(2):239–248DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2015.11.014.
- Mischler M, Ryan MS, Leyenaar JK, Markowsky A, Seppa M, Wood K, Ren J, Asche CV, Gigliotti F, Biondi E. Epidemiology of Bacteremia in Previously Healthy Febrile Infants: A Follow-up Study. Hosp Pediatr. 2015 Jun;5(6):293-300. doi: 10.1542/hpeds.2014-0121. PMID: 26034160.
- Asche CV, Clay E, Kharitonova E, Zah V, Ruby J, Aballéa S. Budgetary impact of the utilization of buprenorphine/naloxone film and tablet for Medicaid in the United States. J Med Econ. 2015 May 20:1-12. PMID: 25851505.
- Kim M, Yoo BK. Cost-effectiveness analysis of a television campaign to promote seasonal influenza vaccination among the elderly. Value in Health. 2015 Jul;18(5):622-30. doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2015.03.1794. Epub 2015 Jul 7. PMID: 26297090.
- Kirkness CS, Ren J. Race Differences: Use of Walking Speed to Identify Community-Dwelling Women at Risk for Poor Health Outcomes-Osteoarthritis Initiative Study. Physical Therapy Journal. 2015 Feb 5. PMID: 25655879.
- Ren J, Ning Z, Kirkness CS, Asche CV, Wang H. Risk of using logistic regression to illustrate exposure-response relationship of infectious diseases. BMC Infect Dis. 2014 Oct 4;14(1):540. PMID: 25282153.
Applying Comparative Effectiveness Data to Medical Decision Making: A Practical Guide, edited by Asche CV. Chapter Authors include Kirkness CS, Kim M, Paris B and Ren J et al (Adis/Springer International Publishing AG) ISBN 978-3-319- 22064-2.
Asche CV. Chapter 9: Uses of Real World Data in Evidence Development. In Understanding Health Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics, edited by George E. MacKinnon III, (Jones and Bartlett Publishers) ISBN 978-0-7637-7099-0. 2011 139-149.
Published Book Reviews and Other Creative Works
- Canty T, Asche CV. Inside a Pioneer ACO: Using Data to Deliver Quality. CDMI Report, Fall 2012 Pages 36-39, October 2012.
- Asche CV, Corrol VS, Maloni HW. Economic Issues in MS Management. Counselling Points. Enhancing Patient Communication for the Multiple Sclerosis Nurse. Fall 2011 issue (Volume 1, Number 3).
Published Research Papers Presented at Congresses
- Asche CV, Maurer BT, Ren J, Kim M, Gordon K, Kirkness C. Improved postoperative clinical and discharge outcomes for liposomal bupivacaine compared to bupivacaine. Orthopaedic Today, January 8-12, 2017, Maui, Hawaii (Poster Presentation).
- Asche CV. Uses, applications, and future directions of the ISPOR digest of International databases. ISPOR European Congress, October 29-November 2, 2016, Vienna, Austria (Forum Presentation).
- Asche CV, Feldman S, Zografos P, Lu M. Budget impact model (BIM) comparing Enstilar® per patient costs in moderate to severe psoriasis vulgaris. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) NEXUS Meeting, October 3-6, 2016, National Harbor, Maryland (Poster Presentation).
- Asche CV, Ren J, Kirkness CS, Kim M, Dong Y, Hippler SE. A Prediction Model to Identify Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) Patients at Risk for 30-Day Readmission. Summer Simulation Multi-Conference, July 24-27, 2016, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Poster Presentation).
- Kim M, Sasaki T, Marcin JP, Yoo BK. How the selected use of telemedicine in intensive care units affects economic efficiency. Sixth Biennial Conference of American Society of Health Economists, June 12-15, 2016, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Oral Presentation).
- Cooley KL, Asche CV, Paris BL, Kim M, Ren J, Garwacki D, Kattah JC, Wei Y, Gonia L, Valenzuela R. A Multiple Sclerosis Flowsheet Registry Integrated with the Electronic Health Record to Provide Comprehensive Care and Local Research Opportunities. Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers Annual Meeting (CMSC), June 1-4, 2016, National Harbor, Maryland (Poster Presentation).
- Kirkness CS, Asche CV, Ren J, Kim M, Rainville E. Evaluating the long-term outcomes of liposome bupivacaine (LB) injectable suspension in the management of total knee arthroplasty (TKA) patients. ISPOR 21st Annual International Meeting, May 21-25, 2016, Washington, DC (Poster Presentation).
- Ren J, Martin D, Walayat S, Asche CV, Ni H, Dhillon S. Association between bowel preparation type and detection of advanced adenoma at colonoscopy. ISPOR 21st Annual International Meeting, May 21-25, 2016, Washington, DC (Poster Presentation).
- Ren J, Ni H, Walayat S, Kim M, Balouch I, Asche CV. Efficacy of bifidobacterium infantis 35624 in patients with irritable bowel syndrome: a meta-analysis. ISPOR 21st Annual International Meeting, May 21-25, 2016, Washington, DC (Poster Presentation).
- Kim M, Ren J, Tillis W, Asche CV, Kim IK, Kirkness CS. Association between access-to-care factors and healthcare resource utilization among adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). ISPOR 21st Annual International Meeting, May 21-25, 2016, Washington, DC (Poster Presentation).
- Christianson AL, Kirkness CS, Asche CV, Ren J, Gutnick D, Lowry KW, Robin R. Pediatric Obesity Prevention in Primary Care: Using Brief Action Planning & Family Nutrition Physical Activity Questionnaire. Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS), April 30-May 3, 2016, Baltimore, MD (Podium Presentation).
- Cooley KL, Asche CV, Paris BL, Kim M, Ren J, Garwacki D, Kattah JC, Wei Y, Gonia L, Valenzuela R. Integrating a database registry within an EHR for MS management. Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP),April 16-19, 2016, Atlanta, Georgia (Poster Presentation).
- Asche CV, Kirkness CS, Kim M, Ren J, McGarvey J, Short J, Vozenilek JA, Barker LT. The Value Proposition of Simulation-Based Training in Central Venous Catheter Insertion for Critically Ill Patients. 16th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH), January 16-20, 2016, San Diego, California (Poster Presentation).
- Asche CV, Kirkness CS, Ren J, Kim M, Rainville E. The economic benefit of bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension (LB) in the management of total knee arthroplasty (TKA) patients. American Society of Anesthesiologists Annual Conference, October 24-28, San Diego, California (Poster Presentation).
- Christison AL, Lowry KW, Robin R, Ren J, Asche CV, Kirkness CS, Haddock KS, Gutnick D, Ariza AJ. Pediatric Obesity Prevention in Primary Care: Employing Brief Action Planning with Obesigenic Behavior Screening. 2015 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Conference & Exhibition, Washington DC. October 24-27. (Poster Presentation).
- Asche CV, Leonardi C, Bagel J, Yamauchi P, Pariser D, Xu Z, Olesen M, Oesterdal M, Stein Gold L. Efficacy, Safety and Quality of Life during Treatment with the Innovative Aerosol Foam Formulation of the Fixed Combination Calcipotriene plus Betamethasone Dipropionate in Patients with Psoriasis: The PSO-FAST Study. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) NEXUS Meeting, October 26-29, 2015, Orlando, Florida (Poster Presentation).
Select Invited Presentations
- Asche CV. Improved postoperative hip replacement arthroplasty clinical and discharge outcomes for liposomal bupivacaine compared to bupivacaine. HOVA Advisory Board, Washington, DC. June 8-9, 2016 (Oral Presentation).
- Kirkness CS, Ren J. Walking speed differs in African-American and White-American community dwelling women with or at risk for osteoarthritis – the Osteoarthritis-Initiative (OAI) Study. APTA Combined Sectional Meeting. Indianapolis, Indiana. February 4-7, 2015. ( Platform Presentation).
- Asche CV.Big Data for Big Questions. Real World Evidence & Data Partnerships Summit, Bethesda, MD, October 14-15, 2014
- Kirkness CS. Mammograms after 50 Clinical Relevance of Predictive Models used to Inform Screening Schedules. Sixth Annual Peoria Breast Cancer Symposium, Peoria, IL. September 26, 2013
- Kirkness CS. Comorbidity: Identifying those at High Risk for Poor Outcomes after Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty. Health and Disability Research Institute, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA. April 30, 2014
- Asche CV.Evaluation of Medical Quality Based on Readmissions within 30 Days among OSF Beneficiaries. Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Leadership Team, Order of Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL. September 24, 2013
- Asche CV.UICOMP Department of Surgical Grand Rounds. Introduction to Health Economics, Outcomes Research and Reimbursement Decisions. April 26, 2013
- Asche CV. Introduction to Surgical Outcomes Research: Evidence Based Medicine, Grand Rounds, Department of Surgery, Order of Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Illinois. 2013
- Asche CV. Return on Investment of Pediatric Primary Care Obesity Prevention and Management Package. Illinois Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics, Illinois Advocate Masonics Hospital, Chicago, Illinois. 2013
- Asche CV. Evaluation of Medical Quality Based on Readmissions within 30 Days among OSF Beneficiaries, Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Leadership Team, Order of Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Illinois. 2013
- Asche CV. Evaluation of Medical Quality Based on Readmissions within 30 Days. Department of Pharmacy Systems, Outcomes and Policy (PSOP) Research Seminar, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, Chicago, Illinois. 2013
- Asche CV. University of Chicago Center for Health and the Social Services (CHeSS), Outcomes Research Workshop, Chicago, IL. 2013
- Asche CV. The Economics of MS in the US. Symposia entitled, “MS Care Health Policy Implications” ‘Economics of MS in the USA’ for the Fourth Collaborative Meeting of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC) and the Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ACTRIMS), Hilton San Diego Bay front, San Diego. Educational Symposium presented on June 2, 2012