The UICOMP Internal Medicine Residency Program will only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications will not be accepted through the mail, by e-mail, or by FAX. Please follow the directions provided on the ERAS web site in order to apply.
- ERAS program number: 1401631131
- “University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL.”
Applications must include:
- A dean’s letter
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE transcripts
- Letters of reference (LOR) from 3 faculty members
- The application in its entirety must be received by Nov. 1
- Take place between Nov 1st-Jan 15th.
- Hotel accommodations will be provided
- Dinner the night prior will be hosted by the Residents. This is a great opportunity to ask all the questions you really want to know and get a feel for the program!
- We accept applications from well-qualified international medical graduates.
- Clinical experience in the U.S. is not required, however applicants should have recent clinical experience with primary patient responsibility. U.S. clinical experience does, however, strengthen an application. Observerships alone do not suffice
- Require applicants to have graduated medical school WITHIN previous 5 years OR finished residency training within the last 2 years
- Letters of reference (LOR) are NOT required to be from a U.S. source
- Applicants must be ECFMG certified by June 1
- We sponsor both H-1B and J-1 visas (for categorical program)
- H-1B sponsorship requires the applicant have passed their USMLE Step 3 exam by the date on which the program submits the NRMP rank list