Faculty & Staff Room Reservation Procedures
In order to ensure that your meeting or event goes as smoothly as possible, please follow the steps below:
Steps for Reserving a Room
- Review the Room Priorities List
- Review the Room Use List
- Review Room availability through Outlook
- Receive approval from your department head
- Request for approval by completing this form is required for UICOMP-sponsored events that meet any of the following conditions:
- Event brings together individuals outside of their primary job responsibilities or duties
- Event attendance that meets or exceeds 100 individuals.
- Event that will include participants who are not UICOMP faculty, staff, residents/fellows and/or students.
- After approval:
- Schedule Room in Outlook
- Submit Event Setup/Support Helpdesk Ticket for IT support if needed
- Submit Facilities Work Request for special room setup or room rearranging
Information Required for Reserving a Room
- Responsible Party/Department Head/Chair
- Group name
- Event title
- Description of the event
- Date of the event (and recurrence)
- Beginning and ending time of the event
- Expected number of attendees (HR approval needed for minors)
- Who to contact in case of emergency
- Room or area requested
- Is this a hybrid event (virtual and in-person)?
- Involves CIS (AV, microphone, computers)?
- Responsible party for room cleaning (name and email address)
- This individual assumes responsibility for ensuring that University protocol is followed regarding sanitation/cleaning of the room. This includes but is not limited to wiping down work surfaces and high-touch areas prior to use and after use.
- View cleaning guidelines
- Any special requests
Note: Changing the configuration of a room requires prior approval.