Forms and Materials
CME activity is classified as RSS (Regularly Scheduled Series) or Episodic.
RSS Activities are defined by the ACCME as a series of multiple sessions that occur weekly, monthly, or quarterly. RSS activities include Case Conferences, Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs, Morbidity & Mortality Rounds, Tumor Boards, or any other type of regularly scheduled educational meeting formatted with a consistent theme (e.g. patient safety rounds, research rounds).
Episodic Activities are defined by the ACCME as a live CME activity where learners participate in person, and usually planned as an individual event. Some courses are held multiple times with multiple audiences. Episodic Activities include: Courses, Enduring Material, Internet CME, Performance Improvement CME (PI-CME) and Learning Associated with Teaching (LAT).
Tips for Getting Started
- Help with Your CME Application
- RSS activity learning objectives – samples
- Verbs for Learning Objectives
- RSS Application Checklist
- Episodic Application Checklist
- Financial Disclosure – Word Document | PDF
- Resolution of Conflict of Interest – Word Document | PDF
- Verification of Disclosure of Interest – Word Document | PDF
- Commercial Support LOA – Word Document | PDF
- Joint Sponsorship Template – Word Document | PDF
- CME Evaluation Form – Word Document | PDF
- CME Outcome Survey Template
- Budget Template
- Post Activity Report Table
- LAT Instruction Handbook
- LAT Credit Documentation Form