Discover What Peoria Med-Peds Has to Offer
Established in 1981, we have a long tradition of providing exceptional combined training in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
Our residency program brings together the resources of the University of Illinois College of Medicine with OSF St. Francis Medical Center. With 8 residents in each intern class, our program is also one of the largest in the country — and remains the largest in the state of Illinois. Despite our size, we remain a close-knit community with down-to-earth faculty.
Links Heading link
Inside the Program Heading link
Highlights of the Program Heading link
- Largest Med-Peds program in Illinois with 8 interns yearly
- Established in 1981 (over 40 years of experience!)
- ACGME accredited
- Flexible curriculum including opportunities for international health
- Balanced training in both Medicine and Pediatrics
- Numerous opportunities for procedures
- Training at OSF St. Francis Medical Center, the Children’s Hospital of Illinois and Jump Simulation.
- Friendly city with a high standard of living
- Very competitive salary and benefits package, including a yearly educational allowance
Peoria Med-Peds is well integrated within and strongly supported by the community. We serve a diverse patient population with a broad spectrum of pathology. We are known to be a collegial, family friendly program with a highly cohesive group of residents. We strive for technologically advanced care that still retains its focus on primary care. Peoria Med-Peds is supported by and integrated into our categorical programs — with many Med-Peds attendings serving in leadership roles, as hospitalists and as primary care providers.
Applying to the Residency Heading link
We accept the Universal Application for our program through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants are asked to submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV), personal statement, three letters of recommendation, scores for USMLE or COMLEX Parts 1 and 2, official medical school transcripts, and a letter from the Dean of the medical school.
Applicants from non-U.S. medical schools must have two-digit USMLE or COMLEX scores of 200 or above on both Parts 1 and 2 for consideration for our program.
We sponsor H1B and J1 visas. Please note that U.S. medical experience is preferred.
All interviews and associated events will be hosted virtually through Zoom. Interviews will be conducted on Monday and Tuesday afternoons from late October through mid-January. The interview day will generally run from 1:00pm until 4:30pm CST.
Interviews are by invitation only. We consider applications submitted through ERAS. Our program utilizes Thalamus to both send invitations and schedule interviews.
The week of your interview (typically Tuesday evenings), you are invited to join current Peoria Med-Peds residents for a casual Zoom social. We encourage you to grab your favorite coffee, tea, cocktail or mocktail and get to know our amazing residents. In this informal setting, find out what attracted our residents to our program, perhaps play a game or two, and ask any question you may have!
Day of interview
Your interview will last around 3 hours total and will follow this schedule:
- Welcome and introduction by our Program Coordinator
- Program overview with our Program Director
- Meet one-on-one with Dr. Matthew Mischler and several of our Med-Peds faculty members.