Department of Surgery
Welcome to the Department of Surgery for the University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria (UICOMP)! The UICOMP Department of Surgery has a long tradition of excellence in clinical care and teaching.
Our education program includes a General Surgery Residency Program comprised of four categorical residents per year. Our five-year program trains and prepares residents for General Practice Services as well as Fellowships.
We also manage the third year medical students during the surgical clerkship and fourth year medical students during their participation in any of our 19 different surgical electives. The department consists of seventeen sections dedicated to providing the highest quality healthcare and training.
- Denise Mammolito, MD – Interim Chair
- David Crawford, MD – Vice Chair
- Steven S. Tsoraides, MD, MPH, FACS, FASCRS – Residency Director
- Robin Alley, MD – Associate Program Director
- Richard Anderson, MD – Clerkship Director
- Babis Rammos, MD, FACS – Vice-Chair of Research