About Our Program
The Pediatrics Residency Program at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria is located at Children’s Hospital of Illinois, the third-largest children’s hospital in Illinois – a full-service pediatric hospital on the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center campus with more than 115 pediatric specialists representing more than 40 pediatric subspecialities.
Our three-year program accepts up to 10 residents each year. Here you will find cutting-edge technology, teaching excellence, patient diversity, strong resident camaraderie and a family-friendly environment.
College of Medicine at Peoria
- Named 11th out of 161 of primary care graduates across the U.S., according to a study in the medical journal, Academic Medicine
- Academic program within a 137-bed regional children’s medical center with a service area of more than 2 million people
- 30 Pediatric residents and 32 Internal Medicine/Pediatric residents with the primary site for Pediatric education and training being the Children’s Hospital of Illinois
Children’s Hospital of Illinois
- Third largest children’s hospital in the state; largest outside of Chicago area
- Pediatric Critical Care Center complete with neonatal and pediatric intensive care units, general pediatrics, a pediatric pharmacy and dedicated pediatric surgery facilities, including a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center, the Congenital Heart Center, and the only pediatric neurosurgeons in Illinois outside of Chicago
- Home to the St. Jude Midwest Affiliate for children with cancer and blood diseases
- Ranked in the top 50 in the nation for Neonatology and Pediatric Urology, according to the 2017-18 U.S. News & World Report