Applying to Our Program
- Applications accepted through ERAS only
- Graduated from medical school less than 3 years ago unless applicant has one year of U.S. clinical experience (does not include observerships or externships)
- 3 LoRs required for application consideration
- USMLE Step 1 required; Step 2 strongly reccommended
- D.O. applicants only need to complete COMLEX
- We do not sponsor visas
Interviews are scheduled mid-October through mid-January.
Frequently Asked Questions
We select 10 residents each year.
You will see an extremely diverse population at our Family Medicine clinic.
Yes. All of our Family Medicine rotations are listed on this website.
Yes, as long as the international school has an agreement with the University of Illinois and other rotating requirements are met.
Yes. Peoria is a growing and diverse city with many job opportunities after completion of your training, both within and outside of our hospital system.
Yes. Students have been accepted with more than one attempt on a test score but this does make it more difficult to be considered for invitation to interview.
Yes. UnityPoint Health – Methodist also offers a Psychiatry residency. However, we remain Primary Care unopposed.
No, based on University of Illinois College of Medicine regulations, we do not accept post-graduate students for externships or observerships.