- Video chat (or audio-only)
- File sharing – documents, applications and more
- Online whiteboards for making annotations
- Multiple connection options – computer, landline, or mobile device
- Recording options
Learn how to use Webex Meetings
- Video: Hosting or joining Webex Meetings
- Add an alternate host to Webex Meeting
- Webex Telehealth (for providers)
- Webex Telehealth (for patients)
- Find UIC answers to common questions
- Additional Frequently Asked Questions
Cisco resources to learn more
For video conference presenters: Windows or Mac computer with video camera and microphone
For video conference attendees: Computer with audio (or computer and office phone); or mobile device with Webex Meetings app
For audio-only calls: Office phone or mobile device with Webex Meetings app
UIC’s Webex Meetings license allows for:
- 1000 computer/app connections (connecting via Webex mobile app or https://uichicago.webex.com) WebEx Meeting functions available are view, listen, chat, and share.
- 25 total phone-only call-ins/video connections (connecting via “Join by phone” – does not apply if you use the “Call Me” function or enter your participant ID if you call in)
Note: if you connect to a meeting on a computer, and then call in without using your Attendee ID, you count as two different people, using one of each of those categories. (Example: Upon logging in, it will list you with the name you gave on the computer, and then create another entry for “Call In User 1”.)
We strongly recommend using the “Call Me” function for phone audio, to also avoid making a mistake entering any information.
If you plan on a larger meeting please contact CIS to ensure connection options.