We are writing to inform you that changes are coming to the UICOMP-Guest wireless network. This is targeted for release on Wednesday, August 14, 2017 and will replace University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria’s current unsecured open UICOMP-Guest wireless network. The new system will be designated for guests of the University and will require a username and password to connect to. The username and password can be acquired at the front desk or at the CIS department weekly. We encourage students, faculty and staff to use our secure wireless. For more information, see our Connecting to Wireless guides.
Who is affected?
Anyone who uses UICOMP-Guest wireless network will be affected. Please keep in mind that the UICOMP-Guest wireless network is for Guests of UICOMP and not intended for student, faculty, or staff use.
What to expect?
- The UICOMP-Guest wireless network will still be available across campus
- Guests will be required to use a username and password received from the front desk
- Only basic Internet connectivity will be provided on UICOMP-Guest
- UICOMP-Guest Bandwidth usage limits are in effect providing 3Mbps up/down per device
How to connect?
- Select the UICOMP-Guest SSID
- Open a browser
- Review and accept the Acceptable Use Policy terms and conditions
- Enter username and password (received from the front desk)
- Click Submit
For more detailed instructions, see our Connecting to Wireless guides.
If you have any questions, please contact our Help Desk at 671-3400 or submit a ticket.