EFFECTIVE APRIL 1ST, 2007:
Requirements for Human Subject Protection Training
Based on PIRB's policies and procedures, the Project Protocol Review Form requires investigators to verify that each member of the research team has successfully completed training in human research subject protection. Your institution may have additional training requirements, please check with your institutional official.
PIRB policy requires that all investigators, research team members, OHRO staff, and PIRB board members provide the following:
- Verification of CITI course completion
- Verification of CITI COI Mini-Course completion
- Copy of current Curriculum vitae (preferably within 2 years of research protocol and signed/dated). If you would like a sample or working template, Please contact the IRB Office.
If investigators or research team members can verify that they have successfully completed a human subjects research training equivalent to that required by UICOM-P, they may request a waiver of the requirement for initial education.
Effective March 2016: The UICOM-PIRB made available optional CITI training courses related to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) for PIRB users.
The Peoria IRB is not changing the CITI training requirements related to Human Subject Research, only enhancing what training courses are available.
EFFECTIVE January 1, 2017 NIH Policy requires Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training for all NIH-funded investigators and staff who are involved in the conduct, oversight, or management of clinical trials.
The UICOM-PIRB CITI GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Biologics (ICH Focus) fulfills this requirement.
How do I Add GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Biologics (ICH Focus) in CITI:
1) Log into CITI at www.citiprogram.org using current username and password
2) Scroll down below your current courses to “My Learner Tools for University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria” and click the link that says “Add a Course”
3) Scroll down to Enrollment Question 4 and select “GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Biologics (ICH Focus)”.
4) Click Submit to return to Main Menu and enter the “GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Biologics (ICH Focus)” course. You will need to complete the “Assurance Statement” before you may access the first module of the course.
If you have questions regarding PIRB training requirements or adding a course, please contact any member of the OHRO staff at: 309-680-8630.
Click for IRB Home©1999 University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria - University of Illinois at Chicago
This page last updated on 8/20/15
Click for IRB Home