Fee Schedule and Billing Policy
Forensic psychiatry and psychology services are billed at an hourly rate in 15-minute increments as follows:
Preliminary phone consultation — No charge
(Take advantage of speaking with the only fellowship-trained Board Certified forensic psychiatric expert in Peoria)
Case Work — $330 per hour
- Report writing and editing
- Review of records (about 1 to 2 hours per inch of record)
- Deposition (and preparation for deposition)
- Testimony (and preparation for testimony; also waiting in court time)
- Psychological or neuropsychological assessment
- Research (unusual cases, attorney must approve)
- Attorney assistance (development of cross examination questions, report critique, jury selection, etc.)
- Phone consultation with attorney to discuss cases or results
- Cancellation less than 24 hours or no show for interview
Travel (greater than 25 miles round trip) — $60
Expenses (with attorney authorization) — $ per expense
Services are billed based on time, regardless of content or results. Estimate of time or cost per case may be requested. Cases may be time or expense limited on request, but may not result in final opinions. Brief “Summary Reports” or “Opinion Reports” are available.
Civil cases are scheduled upon receipt of retainer. Excess retainer will be returned at the conclusion of services, usually within 60 days. Contractual rates can be established.
Invoices are prepared monthly or when case work is complete. The referring attorney, firm or agency is responsible for all invoices pertaining to a case, including deposition by opposing counsel, unless otherwise arranged or court-ordered.
All remittance should be made to Medical Service Plan (FEIN 37-6000511) and sent to:
UICOMP Department of Psychiatry
Peoria, IL 61656
Attention: Misha Bales
For billing questions, please call (309) 495-1670